Friday, February 13, 2009

And Some Message on the Way

This is a poem by Sohrab Sehperi
A brilliant Persian poet and painter

And Some Message on the Way

Some day I shall come and bring a message.
I shall cast light into veins.
And I shall call out: "O you whose baskets are full of dreams!
I have brought you an apple, the red apple of the sun."

I shall come to offer the begger a lilac flower.
I shall bestow on the lovely lepros lady a pair of earings.
To the blindman I shall exclaim:
"What a sight the garden is to behold!"
I shall become a peddler, roam the alleyways crying out,
"O dews, dews, dews."
A passerby will remark: "It is indeed a dark night."
To him I shall give a galaxy.
On the bridge there is a little legless lass.
Round her neck I shall hang the great bear.

From the lips I shall remove all obscenities.
From the root, I shall pull out all walls.
I shall inform the bandits: "A caravan is arriving carrying a load of smile."
I shall tear up the clouds.
I shall graft the eyes onto the sun, the hearts onto love,
the shadows onto water, and the branches onto wind.
I shall graft infant`s dreams to the murmur of crickets.

I shall fly kites.
I shall water flowerpots.
I shall go to horses and cows, putting the green grass of caress before them.
For a thirsty mare, I shall bring a pail of dews.
There is a decrepit donkey on the way I shall scare the flies off its body.

I shall come to plant a carnation on each wall.
I shall chant a verse to every window.
I shall bestow on each crow a pine tree.
I shall tell the snake: "How glorious is the frog!"
I shall reconcile.
I shall familirise.
I shall walk on.
I shall eat light.
I shall love.

1 comment:

  1. Keep em coming brother!

    How's the farmland prospect coming along?

    I'll be moving to michigan March 10th to work on an organic farm with a raw food yogi and a homeopathic doctor... An alternative to buying land and trying to DIY.

    Try ~ Fail ~ Learn ~ Succeed

    ReplyDelete